Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Worst/Best 10


A buddy of mine has gotten into Crossfit, a strength and conditioning program.  One of the main components is the Workout of the Day (or WOD) that is posted online and then everyone does it that day. Tonight I joined my friend for the first time and the main part of the work out was only 10 minutes. In that time all we had to do were 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 body weight squats. Then repeat that over and over until the 10 minutes were up. To add to the fun we started with an extra 10 pounds attached to our bodies.

I thought I might die after the second round (not really die don’t worry any of you worriers) and I shed the extra 10 lbs.  The third round forced me to get creative with the pull-ups following the Crossfit mantra of get it done by any means necessary. After the 4th round I was eying the clock, willing it to continue ticking down to zero. The 5th round closed with 5 seconds remaining in which I mustered one more jumping pull up.

I can definitely see why there is such a cult following of the sport/fitness craze. It was really cool to work so hard in such a short span and so simply too and crazy to know that those who have been at it a while did 10-12 rounds.   

No comments:

Post a Comment