Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012


And so the score remains elusive.
There was a stretch nearly 10 years ago where I approached the number on a regular basis, but then again in those days I was a much more regular player. It’s been a while since I’ve come close again. I think the key is to get more than two games in in a night. The second game is where I really find a rhythm but as the prepaid hour typically expires with the second game the chance for stringing strikes together is eluded.  Tonight I got my chance.  The people I was with were ready to stay after two and I didn’t object. In the 6th of the 3rd spares turned to strikes and I rattled off four in a row to bring me within a possible 199. I left the 10th open and ended with a 197. Still a good effort. The fourth game found the same stroke and with two open frames I marked a 195. The final round brought fatigue but the savvy acquired through the 1st four helped salvage a 162.

And so the score remains elusive. I’ve never rolled 200 or above. Maybe someday. I’ll just have to keep trying. And play the third game when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment