Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Observations from the OT

So I was reading Genesis earlier this week and read about Abram and Sarai. They went into Egypt when Abram was 75 years old and he was concerned because Sarai was a beautiful woman and he thought the Egyptians would kill him and take her. So his plan was to tell everyone she was his sister so that he wouldn't be killed and everyone would treat them well.

First I'm guessing that Sarai must have been much younger than Abram if she was considered so beautiful. Second it turns out the plan worked a oittle too well because Pharaoh took her as his wife. I'm not sure if this was their original intention. Then again the OT is pretty weird sometimes. I'm going to have to look into it.

3 comments:

  1. I understand the OT better when I have a Veggietales episode to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Vischer (creator of Veggie Tales) actually has a new series out called "What's in the Bible". We have the first DVD and it is excellent. The first episode gives a pretty nice description of what the Bible is and how it came to be what it is today. The rest of the series marches through the books of the OT relaying its content and context. It is meant for kids but the presentation was funny and informative for me too.

    ReplyDelete