Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

RGP in My Own Back Yard


A while back I wrote about RGPs and their outstanding ability to see the world around them as an opportunity for expression, creativity and productivity. Tonight I witnessed a 12 year old RGP in action as he bid on, monitored and won several items at a silent auction for a group of friends going to an orphanage in Liberia. 
At first I was puzzled by the strange assortment he penned his name under and a bit annoyed that he would “throw his money away” at such odd items that he couldn’t possibly have a use for.  I soon learned that each buy was strange for a 12 year old boy because none were meant for him.
This wasn’t the first time I have been puzzled by this guys decisions or thought processes but it showed me again that his oddity is one of generosity, a quality to strive for and appreciate and commend.  

1 comment: