Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

So that's done (Part 1)


The alarm went off at 6:05 which is normal except that today was a Saturday.  It was set to prompt the initiation of my day, but not that early, oh well what’s one more hour in bed anyway.  By 6:30 I was back in the yard, faced with classic raking and dirt cutting scenarios.  You know like a dirt pull except smaller in scale and urban rather than rural. I worked alongside my youngest scraping, pulling, hauling, talking. 10:00 marked the first break, the beginning of the rain and time for breakfast. The little guy preceded me to the kitchen and cracked 6 eggs for us to split. Unfortunately the 6th egg introduced a bloody tinge to the bowl so we scrapped those in favor of splitting the remaining 2 eggs and the newly arrived donuts. I had a slice of pizza from the fridge too.  We watched the rain from the kitchen window reveal the flaws in my attempts at grading the south and quieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just fell asleep with my finger on the e key so I’ll pick this up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment