Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why so lame you ask?


Some of you faithful readers way have wondered why the posts have degraded to levels of mindless drivel and downright incoherent thought. Well the truth is I haven’t had a tone of time to write and even worse I think that my ability to think has been a bit low. In short I’m pretty confident that I’m pretty dumb right now.  Oh sure I can come up with some insightful musings on direct questions but musing from my own meandering mind has been all but unthinkable.  I’d say there are a few factors at play; one of which is baseball.  A good portion of my mental energy outside of work has been allocated toward generating lineups, analyzing at bats and generally considering the consequences of the defensive cohorts that will take the field  5 or 6 times a night.

 Below is a sample of part of an evening’s work.  Winning isn’t my primary goal (though no one likes to lose). Fielding a competitive team in which all players get a chance to play in the outfield, infield and sit on the bench is my prime personal directive. I like it a lot, but it doesn’t leave time for much else. GO CUBS! The season is half over!

1 comment:

  1. why so lame indeed! See next article on improvisation and adaptation.

    ReplyDelete