Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nice Find


I came across a really nicely constructed wood pallet today. The quality of the wood and construction was among the best I’ve seen.  There have been other special pallets that have passed through my window of consciousness. It’s intended usefulness has been fulfilled and it is now scheduled for the refuse pile.  I’m hoping to catch a glimpse of it again tomorrow and I’m considering whether I could fit it in the back seat of my car.

I’ve also been keeping my eyes open for temporary dumpsters as I pass through the neighborhoods I frequent.  I’d like to find some discarded metal tubing strong enough to support my weight. Too think of a diameter would be no good and neither would too thin be.  1-2” would be perfect. A swimming pool near my house is being demolished and the structure from the high dive looks awfully tempting.  One of the problems is that I’m pretty sure that stuff in a dumpster is still owned by someone and you’re not really supposed to just take stuff from it. A guy can dream though.

No comments:

Post a Comment