Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Urban Bouldering and Backyard Slack Lining


Tonight I got dominated by a climbing wall built on the framework of a backyard climbing structure.  The bottom section was simple enough but the challenge can in transferring to the upper overhanging section. It was an awesome challenge and it was only about 12 ft tall.

Then the slack line.  Basically a wide braided strap cinched tight 3 ft from the ground between a tree trunk and a fencepost.  The line looked and felt tight on approach but when I first put my foot on and applied half the pressure to step up my foot found the slack in the slack line.  My entire leg began to oscillate back and forth as I increased the pressure.  Throughout the night others kept attempting the line including all of the kids. By the end of the night 3 steps was a great accomplishment and an unaided mount was a victory indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment