Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Review of Assets


I have about 9000 words covering about 30 pages. These words represent work on three chapters covering an introduction to my interest in faith and science, the nature of science and the nuts and bolts of evolution. 
The science chapter has been the most scrutinized and there is rewriting to be done on that for sure.  I’m not really sure how to go about the rewrite process on this.  Do I rework and shuffle the content I have or do I start with a blank page and approach the content fresh.  The first go around generated a lot of ideas and they are now on the page so the thought of starting fresh is a bit discouraging.  On the other hand jig sawing the dissected pieces of the current draft back together seems less than fruitful and tricky.  I think the steps will be to fully re-read the content and comments I have accumulated, re-outline based on an improved flow, noting what should stay and what can go, and then assembling those pieces and generating new content as needed to bridge the content and improve the flow.
The evolution chapter is the one that needs the most work.  The trouble I’ve had is getting bogged down in the details of the pieces I want to communicate so that I haven’t been able to move forward and toward a logical end.  I think a strong session of outlining will be helpful and then I can knock out those section by section.  Maybe even better will be to generate a good outline then write the transitions, then fill in with the nuts and bolts.  In this way the connections between the topics can be woven together more neatly. Sure I think that’s a good idea.
The first chapter can just sit for now. I’ll re-read it and identify what cohesive elements can tie back into the other
Sounds like a plan. I’ll start from the bottom (as written here) and work my way up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment