Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Notes for an audience of one


DoD_Rover_Creo2.pdf
Nice work using color to indicate click targets. The instructions work well with just one (or two) glitches.
Activity 1 - Step 5: The highlighted parts remain highlighted as I click additional parts. The parts don’t stay selected in the model tree but the highlights accumulate on the assembly itself so after all have been clicked from the model tree the whole assembly is green.  Clicking in the graphics area deselects the parts sometimes but not reliably.  I found that if I pull the insert here arrow up the model tree then back to the bottom the parts refresh and are no longer selected. This could very well be related to the graphics processing on my laptop and have nothing to do with the models themselves. However if we don’t know what machines we’ll be working with at the conference we may see something similar.
There is another graphics related anomalies that I have noticed.  Sometimes the right half of the graphics area will go black and whatever rover image is on the screen will remain, almost as an imprint, on that side of the screen.  The modeling/assembly still works fine. The accumulating visual noise is just a bit distracting. When I added a background in Activity 8 Step 3 the issue was gone and the background was replaced with the image I selected and without any further issues.  Again this may related to the machine I am using.
DoD_Radar_Cre02.pdf
Instructions work well.  Didn’t find any issues with the modeling instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment