Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Further Evidence against the Domestication of Cats


Why do the bad guys in movies so often sit in high back chairs and stroke white cats? It could very well be that cats are naturally inclined to evil and that the bad guys are soothed by the animal that is most like them. 
I know that this may be a controversial opinion but the implications extend beyond my own preferences so I think I have to press forward.  Of particular concern is the impact on impressionable young people. I am constantly faced with the conundrum of sharing the insights I have acquired about cats and letting people discover truths in their own time.
What adds additional complication is when young people have already established their own affinity for cats.  In these situations I need to remember that it is not my place to transfer my view (even though I think it is correct) but I also don’t want to let opportunities for conversation and mutual understanding pass by.
As I said earlier, it is a conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment