Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Briefly Considered a Retraction


Tonight I was stranded 6 miles from home so I pointed myself north and ran until I got to my couch.  Ok to be more accurate I was at a sports potluck with the family and decided to run home rather than join the others on the drive (but you have to admit the first one sounded way cooler).
In the first half mile I thought back to my sixth post ofthis blog in which I said I think I could run a marathon distance if I was 26.2 miles away from home and had a little food and water on the way and an iPod full of podcasts . I had my reasons, and I still do, but the first half mile of tonight’s run I seriously considered retracting that sixth post, at least partially.
By the end of the second mile I had slipped into a rhythm and my focus shifted from discomfort to the witty insights from the hosts of the How Stuff Works podcast.  When I reached my couch there was no doubt that I had just exerted myself but I could have continued too.
I’m looking forward to my marathon run, whenever it happens. I only hope tonight’s run doesn’t taint the purity of my unprepped run.

No comments:

Post a Comment