Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dressed in the dark

When my chosen wardrobe lacks coordination I often blame the fact that I got dressed in the dark. Often timesthis is true as I get dressed and leave the house before anyone else is up. On those days I leave as many lights off as possible in order not to disturb anyone still asleep.  of course I also have a very high tolerance for looking horrible so my remarks are partially in gest  as well.

It is hard to imagine really performing tasks, challenging physical tasks, in complete darkness. Tonight I've been reading a fictional acount of an ascent through a cave completely isolated from light. The character was described as well, if seen by an outside observer, as taking incredible risks at times and at others being extremely curious. All of these apparent decisions made in ignorance were made without the visual data that would have normally been available to the character.

It could be Perry cool to do a climb like this in the dark but for now I'll just keep putting my pants on one leg at a time like anyone else. In the dark.

1 comment:

  1. There's a restaurant chain in Europe where you are in the dark- i can't remember the name of it. You enter, order and eat in total darkness. For real.

    ReplyDelete