Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Unresolved Issues

This post marks the completion of a resolution.  I resolved to write every day in 2012 and post that writing on this blog. In many ways I am happy with the accomplishment.  Simply sticking with something for a year is always satisfying but I also know there are elements of the year that still feel undone.

There are posts like O Tanenbaum that need to be finished and many topic lists from the year that went unwritten. I wanted to establish some discipline as a writer which happened in some aspects but I also developed new skills in pretty lame productivity.

A big goal for the blog was for the productivity to spill beyond public posts and accumulate in other writing projects. I did have the opportunity to write for another site once or twice which was nice. I didn't finish my book. I'm not going to resolve to do that becuase I'm on a role with completed resolutions and I dontwant to ruin that. That's not to say that I don't want to finish the book, I just know its been in the air for a few years now and after a year of writing I feel like I still don't know how to start writing, again.

In 2013 I won't have daily posts on the Resolution blog. I hope to still be writing on a semiregular daily basis but use that time to generate more substantial pieces and post every 7-10 days. I also really do hope to have some real productivity and progress on the book. Over the year there have been instances and interactions that have confirmed the need for communicating a harmonious existence between science, evolution and Christianity. There is definitely a lot of good work already out there but both my writing partner and I think there is still an underserved audience in young people.

So with 2013 only about five minutes away if I do have a formalized resolution it will have something to do with juicing. My dad pointed me In the direction of a good deal on the Jack lalanne juice at Costco but if anyone has other recommendations, or even better a good juice that you don't use anymore:-) I'd be happy to hear about it.

Cheers to all and thanks for reading in 2012.  Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, but let's see some posts. It was really nice to have that contact point with you. Just write about some stuff that you are doing or thinking about. ok?

    ReplyDelete