Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

We Got Jokes


Jackson’s Joke: Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Ha Ha, Ha Ha!
Amy’s Joke: There was a turtle and there was a snail. The turtle and the snail were both on their way to the movies, approaching an intersection from different directions. The next thing you know there was a huge crash involving the turtle and the snail. The police came, the ambulance came. The paramedics took the snail to their rig and said, “Snail, what happened?” The snail took a deep breath and said, “I don’t know it all happened so fast.”
Isaac’s Joke: I don’t have a joke and I’m always laughing. My name is Bubba, I came from Bubba.
Ben’s Joke: Start here and then continue until you reach the end.

If you’re itching for more to read from The Essentials series, and you don’t mind an essay that is more skillfully crafted than what you normally find on this blog, you might check out this post from the BioLogos Website’s Blog, Science and the Sacred.  The post is titled, “What I Wish My Pastor Knew About…The Life of a Scientist”. The essayist highlights two characteristics of scientists that, perhaps, are overlooked – Delight & Wonder and Intellectual Humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment