Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

3 Ground Turkey Tacos

A good pivot is important. Think of the implications of the phrases, “your fate hinges on this decision” or “this is a pivotal moment”.  It is possible to create hinges in order to improve your chances of success.  As we have been developing our latest program at work certain pivot points emerge in the schedule that provide a bridge or hinge between activities or concepts.  A good pivot in basketball can mean the difference between creating space for a pass or shot or becoming trapped and turning the ball over. Tonight at baseball practice as we taught throwing mechanics I was reminded of the impact a good low body pivot can have on a the throw.

But the big moment that today hinged on was three ground turkey tacos. The tacos not only represented an important source of caloric sustenance before the next event but also a healthy ration of joy and spiritual sustenance.  When I walked in the door the tacos were waiting for me and I knew they couldn’t be for anyone else (it wasn’t that hard to tell because I’m the only one in the house who would eat tomatoes on a taco).  
Seeing those prepared shells of meat, vegetables and cheese reminded me of how much I have and how much I have to be grateful for and that knowledge created the perfect hinge to turn into whatever came next.

1 comment:

  1. My team talked about this one today! We think you are really smart. It helped us talk with our student teacher about how our language needs to be if we are to help our students pivot in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete