Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Oldie but a Goodie


I previously wrote about a peanut butter enhanced cheese burger.  I’m hoping that you have all tried one since that time or are planning to when then next burger crosses your plate.  In the mean time I’ll suggest other opportunities for improving food through the addition of peanut butter. 
A peanut butter and bacon sandwich is an excellent double dose of protein goodness.  It combines the magical power of bacon to turn any dish into a treat and layers on the smooth and comforting robustness of peanut butter.  As an aside I should also mention that I’m pretty sure that the presence of this dish helped me land the lovely lady who has eaten bacon by my side for the better part of the last few decades.
A generous dollop of peanut butter along with several shakes of Tabasco can turn an anemic microwave meal of pasta alfredo into a hearty, stick to your ribs, snack.  With a squeeze of lime and a handful of bean sprouts this snack could almost make a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment