Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Organized Chaos

Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness have a lot in common first and most personally for me is that I’ve never made it completely through either one.  Tonight may be the night to erase that resemblance. I’m about an hour into the movie now, I’ve seen more tonight than any other attempt and with a Diet Coke or two still in the fridge I should make it OK.

And what a show. I have no idea how well the depictions of Vietnam reflect reality but what a reality it depicts. Organized: every mission has a purpose and every purpose is planned. Chaos: How it gets done.
Heart of Darkness is on my list to finish but if I’m going to finish I’ll have to start again and if I do that I’ll have to start over.  There are others ahead in the queue so we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment