Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

One Giant Leap for Nerdkind

Tonight, I bought a breadboard. Not just any breadboard but a mini, self-adhesive, red breadboard and some red wire and a force sensitive resistor and an Arduino Uno and LabVIEW Student Edition. Now I’m just a brief 5-7 days of shipping and a few lines of code away from a force sensitive device with a graphical computer interface. Awesome.
I should mention that I also got a pretty awesome electronics mentor too.  In a previous post I mentioned this confident electonogician and since then he has mocked up, created, and tested the project that I asked him to think about.  He did all of this with stuff he already had around the house and, in 21st century communication style, he emailed me a pair of videos as a proof of the concept.
One reason I’m excited for the potential of this project is the possibilities it can open up for me as a scientist. Scientists have always tinkered in order to blaze the technological trails that would allow them to explore the mysteries of the natural world that intrigue them.  I am a nerd and I aspire to be the best nerd I can be.  I believe electronics will help me get there.

1 comment: